Aspire 5336-2524 RECVERY MEDIA

Options
netcat
netcat Member Posts: 2 New User

Can anyone help me obtain or point me in the direction of getting a copy of the aspire 5336-2524 original restore DVDs ?

Hard drive is dead... dead.. DEAD !

and out of warranty so Acer wont even talk to me without paying.

drop me a line [edited for privacy]

tnx

Answers

• Inspiration101
    Inspiration101 Member Posts: 185 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

You would have had the option to burn your own recovery set of discs using the inbuilt Acer erecovery management software - which is awesome by the way. 

As you do not have a set of backup discs to return your computer to factory default you can always order a set (and pay the fee) from Acer.

You don't get something for nothing in this world very easily, especially when you could have done it yourself in the first place.

Best of luck in your endeavours.

• split2th
    split2th Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

On that note. Lets all go burn some recovery media, lol.

All jokes aside, I think your only options are to buy a copy of windows from Microsoft. Just make sure Acer has drivers for whatever copy you get.

Or, order an OEM copy of windows from acer.

Once you get windows fresh install on new hard drive.

Good luck

• netcat
    netcat Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Actually....

I fix peoples computers for free all the time.... as I am this one for a friend.

there is one thing true about your statement, cant get some advice for free without putitng up with some snobby lil comment from someone that thinks they are being smart.

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Dear Community Members,

I would like to offer a friendly reminder that this is a peer to peer support community. As such we ask you to please avoid any personal attacks or criticism.

While we encourage debates and discussions, we would like it to be carried out in a climate of mutual respect.

Thanks,

Phil-3
    Community Moderator

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

I would to thank everyone for their participation.

This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

This discussion has been closed.