V3 772G Windows 7 (64-Bit SP1) Drivers/Guide

Options
MrElussive
MrElussive Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi,

So I got Acer Aspire V3-772G-9829 in the mail yesterday from Amazon.  Replaced the included hard drive with a Crucial M550 256GB.

Had to disable the boot order security stuff in BIOS to boot from DVD, and then realized I had to set BIOS in Legacy mode otherwise it kept freezing right before Windows installation would start.

Anyways, installed Windows 7 but I cannot get my hands on working drivers, specifically Intel AHCI driver.  I downloaded the one from Acer Support website for Win8 64-Bit, along with the rest of the drivers.  Once I install Intel AHCI driver, which installs via Intel RST, I reboot as instructed and get BSOD as soon as desktop loads.  Even in Safe Mode, goes straight to BSOD once desktop loads.  I tried formatting again, reinstalling Win7, and installing a set of drivers that are supposedly for this laptop specifically for Windows 7 from driver-lap.blogspot.com but most of the drivers would just say "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installation."  So again, I tried using the Windows 8 drivers.  They all seem to work okay except for the Intel AHCI driver, which causes BSOD immediately after rebooting again.

Any advice???  This is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit SP1 System Builder.  Thanks in advance.

Answers

• MrElussive
    Options

Okay never mind.  I pulled the proper AHCI driver from an Amazon user's Dropbox account and sorted out all the driver issues.  I am currently doing all my Windows Updates in Win7 and everything is going smoothly so far but keeping my fingers crossed.

If this works for me, I may put up a guide with instructions because this was really tricky and I had to jump through quite a few hoops over the course of yesterday and today to get Windows 7 running on my V3 772G 9829.

• deguts
    deguts Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi I have the same problem with my v3 acer  just bought it today and trying to make it work atm. if u could help in any way that would be nice ^_^

• MrElussive
    Options

Here is a quick rundown.  First, go to another working computer, grab a blank USB flash drive and:

Download the drivers from this guy's dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ra8qf8shjbnm1yk/Win7%20AHCI%20Drviers%20for%20v3-772g-9829.rar

Extract the drivers and put them on a USB flash drive.  They are in RAR format so you may need 7Zip or some free RAR file extractor.  Once extracted, copy these files onto the USB flash drive and plug the flash drive into the Acer laptop.

Boot to BIOS on the Acer laptop by pressing F2 button repeatedly after pressing power button.  Somewhere in there, I believe in Boot, you can set BIOS to Legacy mode (default says "UEFI").

You probably must use Legacy mode, or Windows 7 Setup will probably crash repeatedly during "Starting Windows" logo.

Change Boot Order in BIOS, set DVD drive to be the first boot device.  Put Windows 7 disc in DVD drive, and then save changes in BIOS and reboot.  Laptop will prompt you "press any key to boot from DVD" so press any key.

Windows 7 Setup will then ask where you would like to install to.

Erase existing partitions if you are using the same hard drive that came with the laptop.  Note: you may erase any recovery partition as well, but if you do this, there is no going back to factory image so proceed at your own risk.  

Click Load Drivers before selecting the hard drive to install, and have Windows 7 search the USB stick with all the drivers you extracted to it.  Windows 7 Setup will, by default, only show the drivers that are compatible with the laptop.  This is fine.  Choose all of the drivers that come up and click OK.  You may get errors for Controller #1 and Controller #2 drivers, this is fine.  The drivers are loaded.

Proceed to install Windows 7.  This should install fine and you will be in Windows but you probably won't have any drivers installed except for the Intel AHCI drivers installed during the Windows 7 Setup.

Go to another computer and download this HWVendor Detector: http://global-download.acer.com/SupportFiles/Files/HWID/APP/HWVendorDetection.exe

Put it on a USB stick and plug it into your Acer laptop.  Run the program and it will tell you the brand of your Bluetooth, LAN, Wireleess, VGA, and Touchpad.

Write down the brand for each item and go back to the other computer with the USB stick and go here:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Search Aspire V3-772G for the model number and click the one that pops up.  The drivers page for the laptop will show up, and make sure the drop-down menu is displaying Windows 8 64-Bit drivers.  DO NOT download the first driver, AHCI Intel SATA AHCI Driver.  This caused me to get BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH on each fresh boot until I had to format and start all over again.  This is why we used another computer to download and extract those AHCI drivers.  We have already installed the correct AHCI drivers during the Windows 7 setup process!!!!

Please DO Download AMT Intel iAMT Driver, Realtek Audio Driver, Bluetooth Driver (either Atheros or Broadcom, whichever HWVendor program said you have).  Get Card Reader Realtek driver, get Chipset Intel Chipset driver, get appropriate Touchpad driver.  If HWVendor program did not tell you which Touchpad you have, then it is the Synaptics one.  Get BOTH VGA drivers, Intel and nVidia, and then get the appropriate Wireless LAN driver.  You must get BOTH VGA drivers because the CPU has built-in (integrated) Intel HD Graphics and there is a separate (discrete) nVidia GT700 series graphics chip.

We still do not have any driver for the hard-wire gigabite Ethernet LAN port, so go back to the top of the page where you can search product model for drivers, and search Aspire V3-571G.  Make sure Operating System selected is Windows 7 64-Bit and grab the Broadcom LAN driver for that machine.  It is the same driver so it will work fine.

So you should now have all of your drivers installed.  Connect to the Internet via WIFI or by Ethernet and do all your Windows 7 Updates and activation stuff and you should be good to go.  Unfortunately, it seems that none of the Acer software applications will install on Windows 7 but all of your drivers should be installed, and all your Function/hotkeys should work just fine.

I will type up/make a new guide with my own hosting so that people can have something more clear and easy to follow if needed.  I just put this together real fast to help anyone out.

Thanks,

MrElussive.

• MrElussive
    Options

Hi deguts you don't have private messages enabled so I could not respond to your PM, but I hope you have read my response here.

• 1fast250
    1fast250 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Hello, I am running the acer v3-77I2g-7660 ankd I am running into the same driver issues.

I am running Win 7 64 sp1 and had to use the legacy option to install. First of what is the EUFI or whatever option.... first time ive seen that?

NEXT.......!

CM20702A0

3D CONTROLLER

ANY CHIPSET DRIVER

ANY BIOS UPDATE DRIVER

ALSO IS THERE ANY COMPLETE LIST THAT WILL WORK

i WAS ABLE TO GETG RID OF SOME OF THE HARDWARE ISSUES WITHIN DEVICE MANAGER BUT NOT ALL.

I cant get find the right driver for the ........B

• ddasd
    ddasd Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

hi!

I have the same problem.. dont know what  to do.. DL drivers from:

http://driver-lap.blogspot.com/2013/07/acer-aspire-v3-772g-drivers-for-windows.html

went from 8 to 7 ultimate..

i installed wifi drivers.. cant install chipset and intel,..

and your dropbox link doesnt work!

• AKJammer
    AKJammer Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Ok, so MrEllusive's post was pretty good, but it's out of date.   As mentioned above, the dropbox location no longer has the drivers and most of the drivers on the blogspot posting don't work, but some handful hit the spot just fine.    I just picked up a V3-772G-9829 and spent the day deciphering driver codes and doing some hit & miss work.   I finally found EVERYTHING, so don't give up hope, it's all out there, no matter what the Acer support folks say.    Since any place I would try to place all the drivers would only last so long and be just as useless as the earlier post eventually, I'm just going to put the filenames.   If you google the exact name you should be able to find the files.   Not everything comes from Acer.   I went to Nvidia, Intel, HP, and few other vendors to get these, but I've got everything up and running..  Luck to you all!!

Intel Chipset:              sp63598.exe

Nvidea GForce 750M:   344.11-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe

Intel Graphics:            win64_15367.exe

Touchpad (gestures):   Elantech_Touchpad_11.6.23.203.exe

USB3:                         USB3_Win7_3.0.0.33.zip

LAN:                           Lan_Broadcom_12.2.2.2_W7x64_A.zip              --  From the blogspot

Wireless:                     Wireless LAN_Atheros_10.0.0.38_W7x64_A.zip  --  From the blogspot

Bluetooth:                  Bluetooth_Atheros_7.4.0.126_W7x64_A.zip       --  From the blogspot

CardReader:                Cardreader_Realtek_6.1.7601.85_W7x64_A.zip  --  From the blogspot

Jim

• MrElussive
    Options

I just checked my home server and I do still have all of the drivers stored there in case of emergency.  I can upload them my Dropbox or to my webserver.  Let me get home and I will see what I can do and will provide a link.

• victorvscn
    victorvscn Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hey! Did you get around to uploading it to dropbox? The file you posted earlier has been deleted.

• aiyub
    aiyub Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am looking at the official website acer is acer.com, but for acer 772G v3 they do not provide drivers for windows 7, but they provide for windows 8, 8.1, and 10.

if you need a driver for Windows 8, 8.1, and 10, I suggest to look for on the official website, or you can also visit here www.aiydriver.com/2016/08/acer-aspire-v3-772g- drivers-download.html

thank you