Aspire All in One Z5101 blank screen

sblickem
sblickem Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Acer Aspire all in one Z5101.  It had worked fine for a couple years until the other day.  I powered it on, the screen came on during POST but then went blank.  I powered it off and on several times.  Sometimes I would get video all the way until Windows booted...sometimes no video at all..and sometimes video but I can see flashing at the top of the screen.  I assumed the LCD and/or CCFL bulb(s) were failing.  I replaced the screen.  No change.  I then replaced the inverter.  Still no change.  I connected the Z5101 to an external monitor and have no issues at all.  The video is perfect.  Can someone please tell me what else could be wrong??  Thanks in advance.  :-)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,780 Trailblazer

Your graphics adapter seems OK. So I'd guess an intermittent problem is with video cable from the MB to the display. Probably a conductor crack. Should be nested along with other wires or ribbons inside some sort of a cover. Not sure if you'd have to replace all the wires inside.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sblickem
    sblickem Member Posts: 2 New User

I said when I replaced the screen there was no change.  Actually, the new screen lights up for a second or two but then goes dim without ever showing any text or graphics.  It has never shown any video.  Occasionally the old screen does show video.  Maybe it's possible I purchased a bad replacement screen?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,780 Trailblazer

I'm using the term "video" in a loose generic sense here. I mean any kind of screen activity other than a totally black screen such as text, graphics, images, video, movies, backlight, etc etc. The fact that you said there was "no change" or little change between the old screen and the replacement screen strongly suggests something other than the screen is the problem. And the fact that you connected to an external monitor with no issues strongly suggests your graphics adapter on the MB is OK.

So the problem seems to be somewhere between the graphics adapter and the screen --- which is the cable or its connectors that connect one to the other.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,204 Trailblazer

Hello sblickem,

For information, you'll find below the spare part of LCD panel (only one):

6M.SEW01.002LCD PANEL.23".WFHD
    France
This discussion has been closed.