EasyStore H340 4TB HD?

Options
bbrown
bbrown Member Posts: 3 New User

Just today tried to install a new 4TB HDD into my Acer easyStorre H340, but the new drive only shows as 1.64TB in Windows Home Server console. I expected the reported size to be smaller than what the drive manufacturer claims, but this seems way off. In case it matters, the new drive is a WD 4TB NAD RED, WD40EFRX. Is there a limit to supported drive size? Nothing in the manual about it, or any web searches so far. I have read here on the community a suggestion of 8TB max installed, but I have only 2 x 1TB HDD's installed at this stage. Interested in any suggestions, thanks.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

What you have read and was suggested is correct, the H340 does support up to 8TB max. However, this is only true for the total space and each bay only supports up to 2TB's. That would put you at 2TB x 4 bays giving you a total of 8TBs max.

That would explain why the H340 is only reporting 1.64TB from the 4TB drive that you installed. If you are looking to reach the maximum, I would suggest putting 4 2TB drives to give you the maximum storage space that the H340 supports.

• bbrown
    bbrown Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thankyou, that answers my question. Using my 4TB drive for now, will exchange for 2TB ones in the future.

This discussion has been closed.