How do I activate the Windows 7 partition on my Acer Aspire5741G?

Options
ErikPx
ErikPx Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried to reinstall Windows 7 on my daughters Acer Aspire 5741G but it will not restart windows, Instalaltion can not be performed. I cannot find the recovery CDs I made 3 yrs ago. Do I need to get a new OS or can I in some way access the partition that is already in the computer. I have tried to activate D2D in BIOS and press alt f10 and everything else. What should I do?

Best Answer

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

hello ErikPx , the best to do a reload of the OS using the hidden partition would be to power off the unit, with the unit off then power back and when you see the Acer logo Hold the ALT key first then press F10 (1 time) and release both keys. There should be a message that says windows is loading files. When you see this and it loads the Acer E-recovery pick the first option.

Answers

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Maybe the OS disk that you are trying to use is not bootable? I know that you made the recovery disks, but if you do not have them anymore, you can purchace them off of the acer store. http://store.acer.com if you are in the US or Canada. If you are outside these countries, you would need to contact the tech support in your area. Hope this helps...Cheers!

• Joshua188
    Answer ✓
    Options

hello ErikPx , the best to do a reload of the OS using the hidden partition would be to power off the unit, with the unit off then power back and when you see the Acer logo Hold the ALT key first then press F10 (1 time) and release both keys. There should be a message that says windows is loading files. When you see this and it loads the Acer E-recovery pick the first option.

• ErikPx
    ErikPx Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi

I am trying now again... AND IT SEEMS TO WORK. Many thanks!!!!!

• Joshua188
    Options

Happy to help Smiley Happy if you need any more help feel free to PM me.

This discussion has been closed.