Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

How do I get my keyboard to go back to normal? numbers instead of vowels...

shudsonshudson Posts: 1Member

My dog stepped on my tablet keyboard and somehowlocked it into a mode where the vowels and certain keys with a symbol in the right come up instead of the intended key.  to type normally, I have to hold down the function key.  how to I fix this?

Answers

• sc00ter98sc00ter98 Posts: 10Member

Have you removed the batterie?

• Joshua188Joshua188 Posts: 523Member

hello shudson , the best way to ressolve this is to reset the unit for a quick fix. Also make sure you have the KB language is set to be the right language.

• padgettpadgett Posts: 3,280ACE Pathfinder

Sounds like the numlock is turned on. With a mobile keyboard these map numbers to letter keys e.g.u=4, i=5,o=6.

Should either a seperate numlock key or on some portables have to hit fn-numlock.

Every time I boot the W510 into the BIOS setup I have to turn the numlock off before I can enter my password. 

• Mesha84Mesha84 Posts: 1Member

My kids was playing games on my tablet and now when u go to google the keypad will not pull up so that i can type

• roadwarrior796roadwarrior796 Posts: 273Member

Have you tried resetting the device using the small reset hole on the top edge ?

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online267

Acer-Blayn
Acer-Blayn
Acer-Harvey
Acer-Harvey
Acer-MarkS
Acer-MarkS
IVAN_PC
IVAN_PC
Jimc0
Jimc0
slipcollide
slipcollide
soerenrousku
soerenrousku
unhappy_customer
unhappy_customer
vorob
vorob
+258 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcements

Predator Gaming

Unleash the beast within. The Orion 9000 is built for legendary power with Ice Tunnel 2.0 cooling tech and room for up to five 120 mm fans on the front panel.