Windows 8 to Windows 7 ?

Options
swills
swills Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi All

I have a V3-571, this came preinstalled, but in reality it seems hopeless for non-touch screen products, I'd like to put WIN7 back on, but there seems to be A) No Driver back up CD's with product, and B) Can't seem to locate them on the laptop. Can a WIN8 571 'go back' to WIN7 easily please?

Best Answer

• wwillemse
    wwillemse Member Posts: 79 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

Was your notebook originally shipped with Windows 8, or with Windows 7?

If you originally had Windows 7, you can use the recovery management tool to go back to Windows 7. If it originally had WIndows 8, you'll first need to obtain a Windows 7 license and install media.

In my experience, Windows 8 works fine without touch, though. There are a lot of hotkey combinations speeding up frequent tasks (i.e. Windows Key + X is really nice) to avoid the need for a mouse of touch alltogether. If you really cannot get over the new start screen, consider something like http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/ to make Windows 8 look and feel like older versions. Seems an easier solution than reinstalling the OS :-)

Answers

• wwillemse
    wwillemse Member Posts: 79 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

Was your notebook originally shipped with Windows 8, or with Windows 7?

If you originally had Windows 7, you can use the recovery management tool to go back to Windows 7. If it originally had WIndows 8, you'll first need to obtain a Windows 7 license and install media.

In my experience, Windows 8 works fine without touch, though. There are a lot of hotkey combinations speeding up frequent tasks (i.e. Windows Key + X is really nice) to avoid the need for a mouse of touch alltogether. If you really cannot get over the new start screen, consider something like http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/ to make Windows 8 look and feel like older versions. Seems an easier solution than reinstalling the OS :-)

• swills
    swills Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Thanks, that seems to work just fine :-)

This discussion has been closed.