Can't find blu ray software to download

Options
boristhemoggy
boristhemoggy Member Posts: 11 New User

I have had the Acer Aspire 8930g from new about 5 years and have recently had to reinstall the software. I got most of the drivers o put back in but I can't find the blu ray software on the support site, so I can't use my blu ray player at the moment. 

Does anyone know where I can find it?

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi boris

Try the following:

Click Start>All Programs>Acer>Acer eRecovery Management

Next, Click "Restore" on the left hand panel.

Now click "Reinstall Drivers & Applications"

Look for an aplication called "Acer Arcade Deluxe" (or similar) then click on the install icon. This program will allow you to playback DVD's/Blu ray disks.

Hope this helps!

• boristhemoggy
    Options

I don't have erecovery either. When it crashed I went to Windows 7 and there's only a few things like drivers on the web to download. 

• finlux
    Options

The only option would be to user Acer support to see if you can buy the recovery disks - useful when things go wrong too!

Alternatively, you can try programs like Media Player Classic or VLC media player which are both free.

• boristhemoggy
    Options

POT player is the only reliable one for playing Blu Ray, but I wamnetd the original player. I'm not paying for original discs though. I see that as a cynical fleecing of customers by Acer. 
    I'll manage with what I have but I appreciat your time to help. 

• finlux
    Options
    OK, you're welcome!
  • Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

boristhemoggy wrote:

POT player is the only reliable one for playing Blu Ray, but I wamnetd the original player. I'm not paying for original discs though. I see that as a cynical fleecing of customers by Acer. 
    I'll manage with what I have but I appreciat your time to help. 

Sorry Boris. The player is not our, it's a 3rd party player that we pay royalties for. We can't host their content on line. As finlux said, using the eRecovery would allow you access to the default Applications and Drivers that were installed, but I understand that's not an option. If you created your own backup disks from the eRecovery partition before it was removed you wouldn't need to purchase them.

• boristhemoggy
    Options

Hi Cory

I tried eRcovery about 5 years ago not long after I bought the machine, when I had continuous problems with the installation and it didn't work. I was told it doesn't always and there was no guarantee that it would. I sent the laptop back to be sorted out and when I got it back Vista was installed properly again, but no recovery partition. 
    At that time I asked about installation discs but was told I'd have to pay for them which is not right or fair to have to. 
    Now, I have Windows 7 on but it seems odd that there is no support for software that I paid for when I bought the laptop. 
    Never mind I have got a 3rd party solution that seems reliable enough it's juts a shame Acer can't better support the machines it sells.

This discussion has been closed.