Acer e1 510 linux model boot problem

2»

FAQ & Answers

• synetsynet Member Posts: 1

May i request that BIOS file too pls Smiley Happy ?

• baidrkbaidrk Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

PPL aleast give me KUDOS once work is done and send me private message for BIOS

• ElizabethSElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner

While our members are generally eager to provide useful information, be advised that Acer does not validate third party external links for downloads or content and is not responsible for them. Acquiring files through such links, using directions found there, or using files acquired through messaging another member is at the user’s own risk.

• opecopec Member Posts: 2

In reply to that message from the Acer mod, i wanna thank wali for sending me that BIOS file so i could sucessfully install Windows 7 64. If that notebook wouldn´t have been a good deal for the price i would have sent it back because crippeling the BIOS and disalowing the User to install the OS he wants is just not the right way! It is ok if there is no driver support for special OS but crippeling the BIOS that it makes it impossible is just awful!

The next time we´ll buy notebook computers for our customers we better consider buying some other brand than acer.

Regards

opec

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online951

Acer-Erick
Acer-Erick
Acer-Samuel
Acer-Samuel
AnhEZ28
AnhEZ28
Drewt
Drewt
Easwar
Easwar
Fenneto
Fenneto
JackE
JackE
Josuéx
Josuéx
Lachus
Lachus
LuizGabriel
LuizGabriel
moef16
moef16
Muguid
Muguid
SidiJr
SidiJr
StevenGen
StevenGen
Thanee
Thanee
Xennial
Xennial
+935 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• By Acer-Ingrid -
    3D Artist Catelloo invites us to meditate on his #ConceptDo creative process when making his most recent animation ‘Donate’.When ConceptD approached me to create a 3D looping animation with the (Read more…)
    0 29

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We are honored to have Leostat in the Acer Community. With their dedication, support and effort, Leostat has become one of the main collaborators. On behalf of our Acer Community Team and all of our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1118

Total Points:3897

Total Accepted Answers: 153

Leostat High-End Contributor