Why is the Acer Iconia 510 Processor different in the Canadian Model than the U.S version

Options
Damreal
Damreal Member Posts: 123 New User

Every site from Walmart.ca to Futurshop and BestBuy ( in Canada ) , Tigerdirect.ca, ncix.ca

All listing is Intel Z-Series dual-core processor Z2760 (1 MB L2 cache, 1.50 GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 6.5 W)

Now Newegg.ca is selling 2 versiosn and save for the model differne all specs are the same just a crazy differcne in price ( 1 being out of stock ) but any way they are sporting 1.8 GHz processor !! What gives !!  Why shoudl we Canadians have to pay not only more than our U.S counterpart but get screwed again in our own country by some with a 1.5 while others have a 1.8 at the same price ??

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=acer+iconia+tab+w510&x=0&y=0

Answers

• R3DL1N3
    R3DL1N3 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

There is a simple rule about the internet that most people don't seem to understand.. Just because you read it on the internet doesn't make it true..

Case in point your misconception about US vs Canadian models of the W510

Furtureshop /Bestbuy does list the units as 1.5 GHZ but in reality they are actually 1.8 GHZ.

The motto of this story folks.. Don't believe everything you read on the internet..

I purchase my units directly from Techdata (wholesale) but I went into futureshop and best buy when I noticed the different in advertised speed. I Can confirm that units purchased in Futureshop, Bestbuy and Techdata all came with 1.8 GHZ processors.. And all units came with the touch pad error as posted in these forums.

Aside from that.. I'd like to take this time to thank Acer for rushing these units out to market even though they know full well there is touchpad issues (forget about the known driver issues). Not only that having the audacity to suggest that I (as the support tech phrased it) "ONLY" have to pay one way shipping.

The sad reality is I really like the W510 and will ship mine in and the four other clients I sold as well.

• cylemmulo
    cylemmulo Member Posts: 54

Tinkerer

Options

I believe it's 1.5ghz and 1.8 turbo boost

• Damreal
    Options

you were right Smiley Happy

• Damreal
    Options

Actually the confusion I found was in the 43 different model names the U.S has for the W510 but all with the same specs !!!  And Canada has 3 w510 models with different code numbers after the w510 again with the same specs

U.S Models description is :Windows 8 - Intel® Atom™ Dual-Core Processor Z2760 1.5GHz with Intel® Burst technology up to 1.8GHz as was mentioned to me in an earlier post.

Canadian Models description is : Windows 8 - 64-bit version - 1.8GHz Intel® Atom™ Processor Z2760 (1MB L2 cache) 

Yet before getting info an investigation further I forgot even though I'm going to be getting this from Walmart ..Walmart is a U.S Branded Company becasue the description of the 1.5 was correct it just left out the Boost to 1.8 turbo details ( and again me forgetting about the whole Walamrt gets there stuff via U.S as it is a U.S store just working out of Canada. Canada doesn't carry the Acer Iconia W510-1666 ( only the U.S does ) butit is in the Walmart in Canada hecne the description leaving out the turbo boost ...So yes I was freaking but more so since hearing everyones issues with sound ...I'm not buying a Keyboard at the moment just sticking with the tab -If I have issues in the alloted time frame - Walmrt is 90 days but some tech is 14 days - either way I wil be taking it back for a full refund and waitng for the Asus Vivo Tab Smart as first planned ...This is just for me a hyper buy as I'm *** ASUS has dropped the ball on giving out the release date of the Smart Tab and or releasing it period!  So a least I can dabble in what it's liek to own a tab other than playing with my 4.3 HTC Desire I have had for 2.5 yrs lol

[edited to comply with guidelines]

This discussion has been closed.