Acer Aspire 5520 (WIN XP Pro) Needs updated drivers

Options
MrHappy082945
MrHappy082945 Member Posts: 2 New User

OS Vista,on my Aspire 5520 had to  many corrupted files and so was the Recovery Disk. I could not find my original disk so I decided to install Win XP Pro which I had my original disk from one of my other computer which got Fried. Installation went very smoth but, when finished I checked Device Manager and fould 8 item listed under Other Devices.

2 Base System Device

Coprocessor

2 Ethernet Controllers

PCI Device

SM Bus Controller

Video Controller VGA Compatable

Unable of course to access the Internet with the Aspire. I do have another Computer that I could download the Drivers need to a Flash Drive if I could find where to get them. This problem is holding me up on 5 different projects which I need to complete by Friday.  A Working Solution would be greatly appreciated. First time to ever have this exact problem in over 40 years of working on computers because I always make Backups of everything but this one I can not find.

Thanks in Advance

MrHappy082945

Best Answer

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi MrHappy082945

All the XP drivers are available for the 5520 from the Acer support site.

Click on "Drivers & Manuals", type "Aspire 5520" (without quotes) into the box. Next select "Windows XP 32bit" from the Drop down Opertating System box.

All your Drivers & applications are there!

Answers

• finlux
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi MrHappy082945

All the XP drivers are available for the 5520 from the Acer support site.

Click on "Drivers & Manuals", type "Aspire 5520" (without quotes) into the box. Next select "Windows XP 32bit" from the Drop down Opertating System box.

All your Drivers & applications are there!

• MrHappy082945
    MrHappy082945 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Finlux:

THANKS A LOT. i HAD BEEN LOOKING RIGHT PAST THEM ALL ALONG BECAUSE THE NAMES DID NOT MATCH THE NAMES i HAD WRITTEN DOWN. I guess my brain was still asleep.Smiley Very Happy Just goes to prove we are all human regardless of out age or experience.Now that problem is resolved on to the next 20 or more. Have a Belssed Day!!!

MrHappy082945

• finlux
    Options

Hi MrHappy082945

Great!

Glad you're fixed - although I do know what you mean when you say your brain was asleep. It happens to me too Smiley LOL

This discussion has been closed.