Acer Aspire M1201

Options
butchsparrow
butchsparrow Member Posts: 3 New User

I have this desktop (M1201-BE5000A).  I am getting an error on Boot that states:  Warning! Your chassis has been opened  Press F1 to continue  Press Del to enter setup menu.  This occured after I replaced the motherboard battery because the Date & Time would revert to 2008 when power was removed.  The battery I replaced did not fix the problem.  It was a CR 2032 battery.  The computer runs fine when I hit F1.  The Bios is American Megatrends.  AMIBIOS (C) 2008.  The OS is Windows 7.  The above error prevents a Auto Reboot since you must input F1 or Del to continue.  Has anyone seen or know a solution to this problem?

Thank You! 

Best Answer

• butchsparrow
    Answer ✓
    Options

When I reflashed the bios to the latest download (with great dificulty because the readme file did not fit for windows 7) it cured the problem.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Butchsparrow!

There will be a setting in BIOS you can use to turn off this error message. I have a couple of options for you:

1. Enter BIOS, & go to "Intergrated Peripherals" option. Select "Onboard I/O setup", then look for "Chassis Opened Warning"  & set it to “Disable". Finally, press F10 to save and exit changes.

2. If there is no option for "Chassis Opened Warning", then go to PC Health Status and change the "Intruder Detection" option to Reset.

Hope this helps!

• butchsparrow
    Options

Neither of those options were available.  I wonder if I have to update the bios.  The version of the bias is v02.61 (C) Copyright 1985-2008, American Megatrends, Inc.  And as far as the battery replacement, I pulled a doozy.  I forgot to pull the paper protector off of the negative post of battery. Real DS!.

• butchsparrow
    Answer ✓
    Options

When I reflashed the bios to the latest download (with great dificulty because the readme file did not fit for windows 7) it cured the problem.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Great, glad you're now fixed!

This discussion has been closed.