Can i upgrade the processor in my Acer Aspire AX1200-U1640A?

Options
TomHughes
TomHughes Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Aspire AX1200-U1640A and I cannot decide whether to upgrade the Ram, Processor and hard drive or to buy a new computer. It works real good it is just slow for what I need it to do now.

Is it possible to upgrade the processor from 2.4Mhz to 3.0 or faster? If yes, how do i know my compatible options?

Thank you,

Tom

Best Answer

• Lacedaemon
    Lacedaemon Member Posts: 43 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

For visible speed, I found that upgrading the RAM was the best option, although I would highly recommend getting a new PC. That CPU and other hardware are up to five years old, and a lot of newer, faster, more versatile tech have come out since then.  When upgrading, I would also advise Intel, as they tend to have higher benchmarks and compatibility. Smiley Wink

Answers

• Lacedaemon
    Lacedaemon Member Posts: 43 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

For visible speed, I found that upgrading the RAM was the best option, although I would highly recommend getting a new PC. That CPU and other hardware are up to five years old, and a lot of newer, faster, more versatile tech have come out since then.  When upgrading, I would also advise Intel, as they tend to have higher benchmarks and compatibility. Smiley Wink

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hello.

Yes its possible to upgrade Cpu, Ram Memory, HDD and also GPU, but even if you upgrade your CPU to 3 ghz still it will be AMD what is really dodgy CPU's, so i sugest you the same like "Lacedaemon" to get new PC with Intel inside which is awsom to games and evedy day use.

This discussion has been closed.