Iconia tablet won't turn on

Options
tawanbaker
tawanbaker Member Posts: 15 New User

I'M NEW HERE AND AREGISTERED TO SEE IF I CAN GET SOMEONE TO HELP ME WITH MY TABLET THAT WAS BRAND NEW AND NOW NOT WORKING AT ALL. I HAVE VERY IMPORTANT INFO ON THERE AND I'M JUST WANTING TO CRY NOW BECAUSE IT WONT COME ON AT ALL. CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE????!!!!!!!!!!

Answers

• Sahalu
    Sahalu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Why not call tech support?

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Please provide your tablet name and model number.

• tawanbaker
    Options

Tried it, Thanks!

• tawanbaker
    Options

Its an ACER Iconia and itsa black on the front and red on the black and its 8inches. I dont have the ID number that they needed. I have even opened up my tablet to see if it was in there and there is nothing. Tried calling Tech Support but I cant even get through to anyoine because I dont have that ID number. I have proof of purchase and anything else they may need but just not tht ID number. I'm still covere under warranty because I just got the tablet in DEC. Can you help me??

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Options

Most of the tablet have the number in little tiny letters on the inside of the cover over the memory card slot. I find it easiest to read if I just take a picture of it with my phone, then zoom in on the picture.

Are you sure your tablet is fully charged?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Some tabls (e.g.W3) have is in tiny letters on the narrow bottom edge. Will say "SNID=" followed by 11 digits. Really need to know which tab you have.

• tawanbaker
    Options

Yes it is fully charged but ill look to see if I can find the letters you are speaking of.

• tawanbaker
    Options

I will see if i can find those letters ad numbers on the bottom edge

• tawanbaker
    Options
    I'm sorry I haven't respond I am down with the flu. It took everything out of me just to write this but I will check as soon as I can
  • tawanbaker
    Options
    I am feeling much better now. These are the only set of numbers I found once I opened the inside of my tablet (there were no numbers on the outside).

WIS604VL3300113092808A01-00226 (this number was on a white sticker on the inside)

AC13F8L(1ICP5/60/80-2) This number was on the battery.

These are the only numbers I see and I'm not sure if these help or not. :-(
  • tawanbaker
    Options
    Can anybody help me????????
  • billsey
    Options

Unfortunately we still don't know which tablet you have... It's tough trying to diagnose without that info.

When you plug the charger in, is there a LED lit near the power button? What color is it?

When you try to turn it on, do you get any reaction at all?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tawanbaker
    Options
    No nothing happens. It doesn't come on at all. I even tried leaving it on the charger all day just to make sure it wasn't completely dead and after coming back home it still didnt come on. It was never dropped or anything. I have the Acer Icon is with the red back cover.
  • tawanbaker
    Options
    Never was dropped or anything like that.
  • billsey
    Options

Is there any light that comes on when the charger is plugged in? If the charger or charge port is bad you'd get the symptom since that battery would stay dead.

• tawanbaker
    Options
    There was never a laugh to come on when it was working. It doesn't have a led light on it. The screen would light up and the battery indicator would say charging but that was it. No LED light.
  • silvias
    silvias Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem, my Iconia tablet W510 won't turn on.

I plug the charger in, and LED lit near the power button shows blue light, it means fully charged.

But, when you try to turn it on, there is no reaction at all, just camera LED lights up. 

Anybody can help me ? thanks.

• billsey
    Options

Try holding the power button down for 10-20 seconds to force a power off state. wait a bit then try turning it on. If it's stuck trying to recover from the sleep state that should get you back. The fact the camera LED flashes says the power button itself is working.

• tawanbaker
    Options
    So is this the same thing I do to my tablet or no???? Anybody??
  • billsey
    Options

I don't think so. You aren't getting a light at all when you try to charge so I think it more likely yours isn't charging at all. Either due to a bad power supply or a bad power connection at the tablet. Their problem was with a tablet that was fully charged. We could tell because the LED was lit blue with the charger connected.

This discussion has been closed.