Reinstall Windows 8.1 on the Iconia W3-810

Options
2»

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Great! Love a happy ending. Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • adegapz
    adegapz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

my tab cant find usb disk on boot menu?

• cstaske
    cstaske Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

OK so here is the deal, my tabelt was working fine until I tried to upgrade to winodws 10 for me a big mistake. Now the machine sits and loops saying "restore previous veriosn of winows". Said that all night, mabe you could help me fix this thing but please I know some of computer but now as much as most who are on here. I guess what I am saying please explain some of the less common there.

I would very much like to resintall 8.1 but have no idea were to get a copy or how to do it

Thanks

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

I have seen a revert take many hours. That is why I always create a recovery drive and system image first. Then if things go wonkey a complete restore is just a few minutes away.

My W3 had a lot of trouble with the preview images of Win 10, returned to 98xx many times but the latest 10586 seems very stable.

One desktop running 7 that I wanted to change to 10 PRO (had an 8 lcense) too 4 24hour days (would leave kerchunking while grabbed a few hours sleep then check & had to restore from image twice (problem was getting from 8 to 8.1 took 200 updates and something would always fail. Finally had to apply in batches of 20). When 8.1 finally started loading rest took just a day and all apps are running fine. Did need to revert to legacy ATI/AMD video drivers.

• choirool
    choirool Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    is the key product is embedded in the motherboard?

• RanitXtr3m3
    RanitXtr3m3 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    bassie9 said:

The reinstall succeededSmiley Very Happy!

It wasn't very hard. But you will need a USB mouse too, because the touchscreen doesn't work during the installation. 

Here are the steps:

1. Create a bootable USB disk that is compatible with the UEFI GPT partition table. You can do this by using the tool Rufus.

2. Turn on the tablet and press <F2> when the Acer logo appears.

3. Use the mouse to navigate to the boot menu tab and adjust the boot sequence by moving the USB disk to the first entry.

4. Save the changes and the tablet will boot from the USB stick.

5. Wait a few minutes to complete the USB boot.

6. Install Windows just like you do on a regular pc. ATTENTION: DO NOT DELETE THE PARTITIONS ON THE SSD! You should only format the Windows partition and select that partition to install Windows. DO NOT DELETE OR MODIFY THE OTHER PARTITIONS! They are necessary for the recovery media and the UEFI.

7. Activate Windows with your license.

8. Install the drivers by downloading them from the support site. For the current drivers, click here (11 february 2014): click! Unzip the folder that is stored in the zip. Install all the drivers at the same time by executing the setup file. Restart the tablet to make the changes take effect. Give the tablet some minutes to restart.

9. Install te updates that Windows Update offers.

DoneSmiley Tongue!

My tablet works like a charm now! I gained 6GB of free space. I've got 16GB of free space now instead of 10GBSmiley Very Happy(32GB version). The tablet is also a lot faster and it responds much more quickly! The bugs are also gone.

My problem is solvedSmiley Very Happy!

Which version or edition should I install ?
    I forgot the product I used in 8.1 .. how can I get 8.1 back...help
  • Juniordon
    Juniordon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    bassie9 said:

It wasn't very hard. But you will need a USB mouse too, because the touchscreen doesn't work during the installation. 

Here are the steps:

1. Create a bootable USB disk that is compatible with the UEFI GPT partition table. You can do this by using the tool Rufus.

3. Use the mouse to navigate to the boot menu tab and adjust the boot sequence by moving the USB disk to the first entry.

6. Install Windows just like you do on a regular pc. ATTENTION: DO NOT DELETE THE PARTITIONS ON THE SSD! You should only format the Windows partition and select that partition to install Windows. DO NOT DELETE OR MODIFY THE OTHER PARTITIONS! They are necessary for the recovery media and the UEFI.

8. Install the drivers by downloading them from the support site. For the current drivers, click here (11 february 2014): click! Unzip the folder that is stored in the zip. Install all the drivers at the same time by executing the setup file. Restart the tablet to make the changes take effect. Give the tablet some minutes to restart.

DoneSmiley Tongue!

My tablet works like a charm now! I gained 6GB of free space. I've got 16GB of free space now instead of 10GBSmiley Very Happy(32GB version). The tablet is also a lot faster and it responds much more quickly! The bugs are also gone.

I finally figure it out. After selecting the ISO, need to select GPT for UEFI from drop down to make Rufus do FAT32.

It works!

Case closed.

bassie9 said:

Here are the steps:

DoneSmiley Tongue!

I trying to reinstall windows 8.1 an acer w3-810 zeiv4  tablet cant get it to he done 
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options
    Hi @Juniordon

Thank you for joining Acer Community. You have added a question to one of the oldest thread and most of the users may not respond to your query. Requesting you to start a new topic to get easy and quick solution.

Regards,
    Acer-Samuel
  • menendeze
    menendeze Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options
    I deleted the other partitions. Now It can't write the boot sector. Anyone knows how to fix this.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    AS stated just above, you should start your own thread @menendeze. Just use the "Ask a Question" button and include your full model number, what's happening and what you have tried already.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.