Acer Crystal Eye cannot access webcam

Options
Cyril
Cyril Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello Dears, 

I got this small problem, not sure if there was a topic like this before. I just bought an Aspire V5-573PG, and found in of the pre installed an Acer Crystal Eye. But when I tried to click it, it says it cannot access to webcam, and re directs me to Setting charm to turn it on. 

But when i went there, i could not find the camera (or was I looking from somewhere else). Only mouse and printer. What I am missing?

Please help.

Thanks.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options
    Hi Cyril

Check device manager to see if the webcam is actually being seen by Windows. If it isn't then your webcam may not be working. Contact Acer support for further help!
  • Cyril
    Cyril Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Dear Finlux, 

Yes it is seen, an in fact i used my cam for skype. Could be that there is no apps installed?

thanks for your time.

• finlux
    Options

OK, so it works with Skype, but when you click on the Crystal eye program, you get the error message?

• BobT
    BobT Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

On my 1810T the device manager lists only "USB camera".  It says it's working properly but the driver is a Microsoft driver.  It doesn't seem to recognise a Crystal Eye cam even though there is no other camera there.  I've downloaded, uploaded, installed and uninstalled many times but still can't get the camera to work.  Please help!

• finlux
    Options

Hi Bob

If reinstalling & using an updated driver fails to make your webcam work, then I'd suggest it may be faulty. It may be a simple fix, but take it to your local repair store, who will be able to fix it for you.

• BobT
    Options

Thanks but that's a PITA.  The device manager actually says that it is working properly.

• finlux
    Options

This can happen sometimes! I once had a USB PCI card that Windows said was "Working Properly" but every time I connected a USB device to it, it would fail! Replacing the card solved the problem.

I take that you've reinstalled Windows from your recovery partition/media to no change?

• BobT
    Options

No, why would I want to reinstall Windows?  That would be a massive task.  I just want to get the camera working.

• finlux
    Options

Sometimes, reinstalling Windows can help. It can also pin point what the problem can be. Windows can become bloated, slow and erratic after a long, long period and reinstalling can refresh everything.

Any tech department will offer this as advice, if you're experiencing problems as a "first thing to try".

It's no biggie if you don't wish to reinstall Windows. I know what a PITA it is!

This discussion has been closed.