W3 screen corners bad touch

Leonid
Leonid Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter

Does any one else have trouble with the "program close" box in upper right hand corner. My screen seems to be almost dead in all four corners.

It takes 4 - 8 tries to get the close program to work.

One other thing about the screen, I tried the touch calibration utility twice. The first time it made touch worse all over.

The second time I tried to calibrate it I almost lost all touch control. I was finally able to activate the touch restore settings. So now I am back at the beginning with the corners barely responding.

Thank You

W3

WIN8.1

Answers

• exscentric
    exscentric Member Posts: 78 Troubleshooter

I don't have your unit but found about the same results for a time.  Couple of items you might try.  Use a stylus to do the calibration.  If that doesn't do any good try the calibration but tap off from the Plus signs.  Example:  If ithe cross is in the upper right tap just a little toward center from the cross.  Then do the same when it is in each position.  This may or may not help.  It helped on mine when I did it.

I waited a few days and recalibrated accurately with a stylus and it worked great. 

This is not abnormal in my mind.  I have a Lenovo all in one desk top and it isn't much different.

You might also check to see if there are new drivers for the touch screen.  Go to Control panel/device manager, find the touch screen, right click and tap on update driver.  Let it look online.  You might also go to the Acer site and check for drivers.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

My experience is that anything under 11" needs a stylus (dozen for $5). I have small hands and I find things work much better. I also set exverthing to 150%, tried 200% for a while but was too much.

• Leonid

Thank You the offset worked. It is great in the corners now but not so good else where. So I will keep changing the offset to get the right feel. I will check into ther drivers also.

• Leonid

Padgett, I got the stylii that you recommended. But although they are smaller, I seem to have better luck with the Targus.

About my drivers: I have

BIOS V1.01

GOP 6.0.1032

Driver updates ?? Where do I see the Acer driver update that is installed? I don't think I upgraded to 2.0.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.