cracked touchscreen

tjmoffitt
tjmoffitt Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

My daughter dropped her Acer Aspire M5-582PT-6852 Laptop. The touchscreen overlay is cracked, but the display is working, so she's still able to use it (but it's a bit of a hazard with the broken glass).  Is this part available separately, or do I need to purchase the whole screen as an assembly?  How do I go about getting the parts or the part numbers? I tried lookin on-line for it this morning, but had no luck.  I couple parts supply companies replied that the part wasn't available. Please help!

--Tim

Answers

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

You may get in touch with Acer support team. They will help you with the options to replace the screen and required information to purchase a replacement screen for this laptop.

• tjmoffitt
    tjmoffitt Member Posts: 2 New User

How do I get in touch?  I can't find a phone number or contact info.  I tried emailing acer1@mailwc.custhelp.com, but got the follwoing response:  "To enable us to provide better support to our customers we no longer accept email sent directly to us.".  Really?  How do you better support your customers by ignoring their requests?  All I am asking for is price and availability for this part. 

This discussion has been closed.