Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

Bluetooth problems Windows 8.1 Acer Aspire V5-572P

sac17sac17 Posts: 3Member

Hey all,
First time posting here. I got my laptop a week ago and the bluetooth won't work. I did a system refresh and it connected on windows 8, but once I updated to 8.1 it stopped connecting. My devices pair, connect, and then about 2 seconds later they disconnect. 

I tried a system refresh. I tried uninstalling the drivers (Bluetooth device personal area network, bluetooth device RFCOMM protocol, Qualcomm atheros network adapter) and reinstalling the Atheros driver. Did not work. I have talked to 4 acer representives and the last one said I should send it back because it sounds like a hardware problem (is quality control that bad where there would be a hardware problem after a week of use?) I don't want to go through the hassle of returning it. I am convinced it is a windows 8.1 issue, as it worked with windows 8. Anyone else have this problem and/or a solution? 
Thanks

FAQ & Answers

• Acer-BlaynAcer-Blayn Posts: 2,344Administrator Community Administrator

When you loaded Windows 8.1, did you load the Atheros driver version 8.0.1.305? Did you try installing all Windows updates to see if that may help?

• sac17sac17 Posts: 3Member

The latest driver available online is Atheros 8.0.0000.0200. How do I update to the newest one you listed?

• Acer-BlaynAcer-Blayn Posts: 2,344Administrator Community Administrator

You have to Select Windows 8.1 from the operating system drop down menu. I am including a direct link to the driver below. I hope this resolves your issues.

Link to driver 8.0.1.305

• sac17sac17 Posts: 3Member

Yes! Solved. I did not notice that drop down to select Windows 8.1, and somehow the 4 representatives I spoke to on the phone did not clue me in on that. Thanks for YOUR help though.

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online158

biuguntara
biuguntara
darkeneshadow
darkeneshadow
Duong37
Duong37
Elias3444235
Elias3444235
EsmaGraham
EsmaGraham
Jackyll
Jackyll
tomke
tomke
+151 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Good Design Aware 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.