Acer Recovery USB Not Working

Acer M5-582PT
Hard drive crashed, purchased recovery flash drive from Acer.
Flash drive boots into Acer stuff fine.
After I tell it how to partition my drive (% system, recovery partition on/off), it partitions the drive then runs some quick commands.
About 5 seconds after the partitioning has finished some command throws an error, "M:\NAPP.dat is miss."
Only an OK box which brings me back to partitioning options.

What gives? This is official media purchased from Acer and I am able to install Win7 fine so the drive and comp are fine.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Best Answer

• pauliewebpaulieweb Member Posts: 7
    Accepted Answer

I found this online: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1619381 (post 9 specifically)

I used PartedMagic live USB to remove the GPT & MBR records.
    Then the Acer Recovery USB had to be used with default options (create recovery partition, split drive into system & data partitions).
    It seems the Acer Recovery software was hard-coded to mount a certain drive letter maybe?

FAQ & Answers

I took a high speed video with my digital camera and played it by frame to see the commands.
    Hard to make out but I see a lot of "cannot find the drive / path specified", esp with the M drive.
    Are things being mounted wrong?
    Gonna try deleting drive partitions manually before recovery as I've seen suggested in other topics.

Nope, used GParted Live USB to partition drive as GPT unallocated space and the exact same outcome.

Accepted Answer

I found this online: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1619381 (post 9 specifically)

I used PartedMagic live USB to remove the GPT & MBR records.
    Then the Acer Recovery USB had to be used with default options (create recovery partition, split drive into system & data partitions).
    It seems the Acer Recovery software was hard-coded to mount a certain drive letter maybe?

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online1.7K

Acer-Erick
Acer-Erick
Acer-Ingrid
Acer-Ingrid
Acer-Manny
Acer-Manny
Andreas17
Andreas17
andregalera
andregalera
Anismo1986
Anismo1986
apoette
apoette
Asty
Asty
batmalin
batmalin
BenJohn007
BenJohn007
billsey
billsey
DaSuchti
DaSuchti
Duran676
Duran676
egydiocoelho
egydiocoelho
Froxizzle
Froxizzle
GAMING6698
GAMING6698
Hastur_
Hastur_
hswhui
hswhui
JAGA3
JAGA3
JaimeDLH
JaimeDLH
JoaoCarvalho
JoaoCarvalho
Kno63
Kno63
Lemon5366
Lemon5366
lidiane_c
lidiane_c
mateusmcouto
mateusmcouto
NitroFeco
NitroFeco
OneTwoThree123
OneTwoThree123
PedroRios
PedroRios
ragsak28
ragsak28
resergio
resergio
Sumit3301
Sumit3301
Tsukina
Tsukina
xkaple01
xkaple01
+1.7K Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcements

Put your skills and not your eyesight to the test with the Nitro XV2's protective VisionCare technology. Be the best: https://acer.co/34PnwIA

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We want to recognize GAMING6698's dedicated efforts in the Acer Community. GAMING6698 has become one of the main collaborators since joining the Community in November of 2019.
On behalf of all our users and the Acer Team, we thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 4234

Total Points:7587

Total Accepted Answers: 378