Close Lid - Come back and most apps are open !

Options
grummy
grummy Member Posts: 3 New User

Acer Aspire V5-571-6471 Windows 8 out of the box.

I close the lid, and after a little while, I hear it making chirping noises if volume is up. I open the lid and find that it automatically opened perhaps as many as 20 or 30 programs that I have installed. I believe the chirping from the speakers was from it automatically trying to start a program that is already running. Programs that allow more than one instance will have multiples opened.

Additionally, when I close the lid, I usually have the traditional windows desktop open, not that other useless to a laptop windows 8 "screen thing". When I open the lid, all the desktop icons have set themselves to LARGE size.

Other than this and the wifi disconnects, I kind of like this laptop so far.

Answers

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

if the unit is running windows 8 i would recomend a refresh, if the issue remains a reset. IF it is windows 7 go ahead and do a  restore.

• grummy
    grummy Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Does REFRESH trash all of the programs I have installed ? or is that only the case with RESET ?

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Grum

Apparently in Windows 8 Refresh saves your Apps BUT you have to reinstall your Desktop programs.

Leho

• pdcpic
    pdcpic Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Funny enough I have exact the same happening,.. reset and refresh not doing the trick

I also figured out that it only happens when you change settings to "do nothing when lid closes"

• superduty03
    superduty03 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

It also doesn't make a difference with Windows 7 either. Acer needs to modify the touchpad driver to "disable" when the lid is closed when power options are set to "do nothing".

• jtalb5322
    jtalb5322 Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

I had this happening on my r7-571. I had to reinstall the ezel sensor program, as the computer didn't know the lid was closed. When you close the lid, do it slowly and see if the screen shuts off. If not, it might be the lid sensor.

This discussion has been closed.