ACER Liquid E2 Duo: No wireless Connection After Update

Options
2»

Answers

• dannyvdp
    dannyvdp Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hi Jurgen

Yes it (still has) - FYI, my problems also started after the update, but as I mentioned, I think not immediately.

Anyway, resetting to factory will not revert to a previous version, it will erase the builtin app updates but you will get those back automatically.

So it does have Acer_AV061_V370_1.032.00_WW_GEN1 (just read it from my phone rather then comparing to your mail to be sure ;-) ) and Wifi works fine now with DHCP (for the record: with the backed-up wifi settigns, it also restored the static settings so I had to remove those).

I also noticed that available memory increased quite a bit after this operation and afaik, I have all the apps I had before the reset but I can imagine there are some other factors that influence this.

hth

Danny

• MPFR
    MPFR Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    dannyvdp solution worked for me too, thanks ^^
  • jurgenvdm
    jurgenvdm Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

On my phone the problem is solved too, but I didn't have to do a reset to factory settings! Smiley Happy

I noticed a few days ago that I was connected to a hotspot wifi. I checked it and saw I got an address using DHCP.

I changed in the advanced options the IP definition from static to DHCP again for my home wifi and it worked again!!!

Now every wifi works with DHCP again without problems.

Very strange... I hope it keeps on working now. 

• jurgenvdm
    jurgenvdm Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

I was too quick to think the problem was solved on my phone...

It worked for one week and since this morning the problem is back. Smiley Sad

I guess that it will maybe come back too on the phones of the people who did a reset to factory settings.