Help change os W510

Options
daktylus
daktylus Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, 

I've just bought an iconia tab w510 and i would like install android x86 on mine on dualboot.

I've disabled secureboot, and i made a usb live of android, bu when i'm on the boot menu, i only see windows boot manager.
How can i do ?

I want t play grand theft auto and more game on android than windows store and bluestack is not working on mine.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

I believe you need something like BlueStacks or YouWave or the Android SDK not dual boot. Android is not designed for the W510 Intel processor.

• daktylus
    daktylus Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Bluestack won't work on my computer,
    I have too many lag on every app
    And youwave is **bleep**, i can't add apk.

And the androidsdk won't launch android, stuck on bootlogo

• expello
    expello Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

When I bought the W510 nobody told me that there is no chance to boot something else, so if there is no chance, I'll return the unit.

I don't know how is Android for this Intel's chip, but at least I want to have the chance/option to choose/try other OS.

Can anybody tell me if there is  text anywhere in the Acer's site that is telling that there is no chance to boot something different from Windows 8?

• padgett
    Options

No I have booted other things just to comply with UEFI they mist be signed. Just discovered a way (see "it is to laugh" that MAY support  "Legacy" but do not care particularly and is more important that I not "brick" at present - have too many test yet to run.

As mentioned, other OSs may load but without the thermal management controls, they may not run for long. At a minimum I'd want a fan blowing across the back.

For maximum flexibility you may need something with an I3 or I5 chip and active cooling like the W700.

• expello
    expello Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

padgett, the problem is that I'm a little bit newbie it this area, UEFI, secure, etc.... Smiley Very Happy

Just want to take some .iso, make a bootable usb drive and run it/test it, of course - on my responsibility. I know (from your posts here in the forum) that there is a chance to have problems with the temp, so thank you for the info you gave us.

_http://www.zdnet.com/intels-new-clover-trail-chip-will-support-android-and-linux-7000004451/

• padgett
    Options

Issue is not just the ISO, you need one designed for the 32 bit x86 platform. Might try http://www.android-x86.org . Personally I'd rather see Android and iOS pushed down to iPods and smart phones. Leave Tablets to real Windows (not RT) and MacOS.

• appelzor
    appelzor Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

Hi there, I wast just wondering if someone succed on booting androix x86 or another os on this device? if so how?

• padgett
    Options

Getting back to the original question: if the OS is x86 (32 bit Intel) and you had disabled secure boot then

1) turn secure boot back on

2) go into boot SECURITY and erase the store

3) turn Secure Boot back off

4) try your device.

I have not tried myself (am just running variants of Win 8) so let us know if it works.

• quemener
    quemener Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

No way... Definitely, it seems to be IMPOSSIBLE to boot on another OS on W510.

If you want to install Linux on it, get another tablet Smiley Sad

• chmarj1
    chmarj1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

good

• scag51
    scag51 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

The screen of the asus tryo can perfectly run Android 4.2 with exactly the same processor as W510 so why we can't install Android on it ?

This discussion has been closed.