S7-392 Wifi/HDMI problems

wizardofoz85
wizardofoz85 Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought an i7 S7-392 a few weeks ago and the laptop itself was working fine. I had no real issues until I tried to connect it up to my TV via the HDMI port.

When I did the picture and sound tranferred over perfectly but my internet dropped out completely. As soon as I remove the HDMI cable from the laptop the internet starts working again.

I checked the drivers for the display and the wireless card. The Display adapters are already on the current driver (10.18.10.3379) according to the drivers update page and I updated the wireless adaptor driver to 16.6.2.1 through the driver update page but I'm still having the same issue.

I've tried with multiple HDMI cables and with two different TV's and I'm having the same issues with both of them. I know the HDMI cables themselves are fine as I used them with my previous laptop and other devices with no problems at all.

I had a search of the forum and there was mention of this problem but no solutions that I could see there (Post 1, Post 2).

I occassionally stream from my laptop to my TV and do sometimes take it to other peoples houses and use it on their TV's to play videos. Overall I love the laptop but if it has these issues then I'm not sure if I'll have to return it or not and I'd prefer to keep it so was wondering if anyone had any ideas/tips on how to fix this issue.

Answers

• zef88
    zef88 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am experiencing the same issue in my 1 month old S7-392. Any update on any fix for this problem? It's getting very frustrating. If I don't get a solution for this I'll consider turning the laptop back.

• xcleatus
    xcleatus Member Posts: 1 New User

I got my E-1 572-6870 with Windows 8. Upgraded to 8.1. Got all the new drivers from Acer downloaded and installed. Now I get sound and my home screen on the television when hooked to HDMI but will not show anything else when playing video on the laptop. IDK

• cploh
    cploh Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same issue with my new S7-392. Once I plug in the HDMI to my TV, the internet connection via wifi stop completely.

I'm disappointed that Acer has not replied or provided any solution to date...

This discussion has been closed.