Acer Iconia W700 recovery problem

Options
2»

Answers

• kmd1970
    kmd1970 Member Posts: 15 New User
    Options

Your USB drive should also work and be detected in UEFI mode. I would try a different USB DVD drive.

Also, if you in install Windows 8 in legacy mode you will not be able to boot in UEFI mode afterwards. I made the same mistake and got a "No bootable device" error when i switched to UEFI mode. So, then I got a USB DVD drive and installed windows 8 properly in UEFI mode and everthing worked fine.

Not sure why you are having so much trouble booting a DVD from a USB drive in UEFI mode.

• nickgatt
    nickgatt Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I wish I knew why this thing is having so much grief! I will wait for the other I have on order which ships with Win 8 Pro, just to see if there's any difference at all - the SKUs were slightly different if I remember...

It really bugs me because this type of thing should be easy. We are waiting to go on a potential order of 60 but I can't have this kind of admin overhead to get Win 8 Enterprise deployed. I will update if there are differences. Maybe I'm just unlucky with the one that turned up first!

• aidenruth
    aidenruth Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i turn on my laptop it shows acer screen with f2 and f12 key at the bottom then start up error appeared i launch start up repair but it does'nt load it stays in black screen after that i tried f8 but it also end up in black screen i also tried to recover my acer laptop using alt+f10 the same thing happened what must be the problem of my laptop? and how can i fix this?

I dont have any disk because a family friend from other country gave it to me.

I remembered before windows 8 was the os of it but my brother recover it and it turn back to its original os windows 7 home basic.
  • LiamT
    LiamT Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

well. 

i am just about sick of this machien already. 

i have had mine about a month. in that time it has completely failed to boot 3 times. the first 2 i managed to get a restore point to sort out the issues but this last time all the restore points had magically finished. 

essentially you NEED a DVD drive and USB keyboard and usb hub. you cannot use the BT keyboard in the bios etc even though i can plug it in to USB (clever!) 

i have a DVD drive but for some reason it keeps telling me its not bootable. i cannot run this recovery from a USB key or USB HDD and the DVD drive isnt liked. 

i have tried all the options here and i still cannot get it to read my acer recovery disks 

sending this back now. i have never bought a device that has been so problematic in my 20 years in the industry. 

This discussion has been closed.