ACER ASPIRE 5742G Windows XP Wireless Driver

Shanu1105
Shanu1105 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I own an Aspire 5742G Laptop, and recently downgraded it to Windows XP. It's wireless driver is Atheros AR5B97, but i can't find a suitable XP Driver for this. At first it was installed automatically, but then i got a BSOD, so i removed it. Now i have just disabled it. Can anyone tell me a suitable Windows XP Wireless driver for this? Appreciate your support! 

Thanks in advance,

With Regards,

Shanuka

Answers

• n2gc
    n2gc Member Posts: 104 Troubleshooter

You might try this site. I have a 5742 and changed out the card to eithern an Itel 4965AGN or

a 5300 and used drivers from Inte'ls site. That was with W7 Pro, but I'm sure there are

drivers for XP there, so that's an option. You can get either card from ebay really cheap.

I feel the Intel WIFI products work so much better than the Qualcom/Atheros WIFI products

but that's just my opinion. Though both Intel cards have 3 terminals for the antennas, they

work with the 2 wires from the 5742. All one does is pick the 2 outside terminals and connect

the wires to one of each terminal, already have the driver loaded, and reboot. Pretty simple.

Anyway, here you go. I've never used this site, so you may want to look it over and

use caution if you decide to load any drivers.

http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=40&system=1

This discussion has been closed.