Aspire V3-571G huge performance loss after upgrading to windows 8.1

soup2504
soup2504 Member Posts: 2 New User

So I've been using my Aspire V3-571G-9683 for maybe a little less than a year now, and I've been loving it. I didn't upgrade to Windows 8.1 when it originally came around because I had no problems with just plain old 8.0, but I did recently upgrade to 8.1 and everything just kinda went downhill from there. Games I could run perfectly fine before the upgrade (payday 2, Borderlands 1 and 2, Metro 2033, etc.) now run well for around 5-10 minutes, and then I start getting these awful frequent lag spikes, and I sometimes even get low memory notifications (neither of these things ever happened before I upgraded to 8.1). I've noticed that there are quite a few people who have run into similar issues after upgrading to 8.1 (although not always on the same model as me), and I'm wondering if there's any possible way to fix it.

I have already uninstalled my VGA drivers and downloaded the latest ones for my system through acer, but that didn't fix anything. So am I just going to have to wait until new drivers come out, or another update to windows 8.1? Or is there a way I could possibly fix it without having to wait until then?

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi soup2504

I think the best thing to do is to backup all your data & revert back to 8.0, via your recovery partition or disks/USB. As you've read, there are problems with some hardware/drivers on 8.1.

• soup2504
    soup2504 Member Posts: 2 New User

From what I've read, I cannot revert back to 8.0 unless I have created a restore point in 8.0 before upgrading. I should've created one before upgrading, but I didn't. That was stupid of me.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    You can always get a recovey disk/USB from Acer. Contact support for your region to see if they can help.
This discussion has been closed.