Acer Liquid E2 duo cannot update

Dakappo
Dakappo Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi everybody..

I've purchased the Liquid E2 duo phone via Amazon.fr and my location is Greece. Recently i've read in various forums that there is a new update for the device (i currently have baseband version from 23/07/2013 and build number Acer_AV061_V370_1.023.00_WW_GEN1) but when i try to proceed to the system update i get the following error : "This update is not allowed on your device. Please call the service center for help".

I wonder if there is a file with the update that i could download in order to do it manually.

Thank you in advance

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i think you can download it only by OTA.

Did you root your phone or deleted any system application?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Dakappo

Well to be honest i tried to delete some apps that were already there (with no success ) and also tried to root the device (or i thought i rooted it). Anyway. Do you think i should fix it with a system restore?

• mrrog
    mrrog Member Posts: 42 New User

I had same problem after fiddling about with mine, follow the guidance in this link then do the subsequent ota updates

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=47253374#post47253374

• Dakappo

So i tried the system recovery and i still get the same error..i guess i 'll have to wait if acer uploads an update to download and install manually.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Mrrog solution is good, but need some attention to follow instructions.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • mrrog
    mrrog Member Posts: 42 New User

Not sure what your doing with system recovery, if memory serves this is flashed via computer!

This discussion has been closed.