What Exactly Do I have?

mocahontas
mocahontas Member Posts: 2 New User

Although I am an Acer junkie, I just joined the community because I can't find the answer to my question.  I recently purchased a Ultrabook through my government company that had this description of an ultrabook I intended to get. 

Acer Aspire S7  13.3in Display 4GB Memory Ultrabook AS2500S1

• Operating System: Windows 8
  • Processor & Memory: Intel i5-3317U Dual Core Processor (1.7GHz) 2.6GHz with Turbo Boost; 4GB Memory
  • Storage: 128GB Solid State Drive
  • Display & Design: 13.3" CineCrystal HD LED Backlit Display; 1366 x 768 resolution; Black Finish; Measures 12.8"W x 8.9"D; Weighs 2.65 lbs.
  • Video/Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • Audio/Speakers: Integrated Speakers
  • Includes: Built-in Webcam and Microphone; Multi-Gesture Touchpad
  • Battery & Connectivity: Up to 6.5 hours portable battery life; WiFi; Bluetooth 4.0
  • I/O Ports: 1 HDMI; 2 USB 3.0 Ports; Intel Certified Thunderbolt Card Reader
  • ENERGY STAR Qualified: Yes

When I got the unit it appeared to be the one I ordered except, the box showed Aspire S5.  So I looked on this site for and S5 and it does not exit.  I searched the part number AS2500S1 and the unit it showed was a V5 with completely different features and sold in another country.  When I search the bundle SKU # 2312983, a cellphone shows.  Can someone please tell 1) what exactly do I have? 2) If it does exist, is the S5 less expensive than what I order?  3) Is there a difference?  Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• dz20
    dz20 Member Posts: 35

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

What color is it? I believe the only color the S7 comes in is white and the S5 is black. The S7 is the top model for acer. It has a 1920x1080 p screen while the S5 has a 1366x768 p screen. Also I do not think the S5 is a touch screen.

Answers

• dz20
    dz20 Member Posts: 35

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

What color is it? I believe the only color the S7 comes in is white and the S5 is black. The S7 is the top model for acer. It has a 1920x1080 p screen while the S5 has a 1366x768 p screen. Also I do not think the S5 is a touch screen.

• mocahontas
    mocahontas Member Posts: 2 New User

It's black and it's not touch screen.  So  I got the incorrect one.  Thanks a lot. 

This discussion has been closed.