This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

Hardware Virtualization on Aspire S7 392

Bender67Bender67 Member Posts: 1

I got my new S7 a few days ago. Today I tried to install a virtual pc (using VirtualBox) and figured that the VT-X feature is not enabled. I checked the bios and couldn't find anything to enable virtualization support. This is absolutely frustrating buying a laptop for almost $1,500,00 with the lastest intel i7 cpu and can't use the virtualization. I already chatted with a support guy who told me I could find the option under "Security", but there is nothing.

My bios version is 2.05

Is there anyone out there who could fix that problem?

Thanks

Harald 

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online1.7K

brummyfan2
brummyfan2
egydiocoelho
egydiocoelho
Francisco_mendoza
Francisco_mendoza
freezz
freezz
IVAN_PC
IVAN_PC
Milip
Milip
Pradeep42
Pradeep42
ralppp
ralppp
sheed
sheed
Stefeboii
Stefeboii
terrapeft
terrapeft
Tethys
Tethys
TF21045
TF21045
thanes
thanes
TiagoSM
TiagoSM
TOURTY
TOURTY
Vinicius95
Vinicius95
+1.7K Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcements

Put your skills and not your eyesight to the test with the Nitro XV2's protective VisionCare technology. Be the best: https://acer.co/34PnwIA

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We want to recognize GAMING6698's dedicated efforts in the Acer Community. GAMING6698 has become one of the main collaborators since joining the Community in November of 2019.
On behalf of all our users and the Acer Team, we thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 4182

Total Points:7517

Total Accepted Answers: 375