Acer Iconia A100 Will a micro USB Keyboard work?

kaneesharox
kaneesharox Member Posts: 1 New User

I just got a keyboard off of Amazon for the A100. But it doesn't appear to work. I'm not completely tech savvy (so please don't use technical terms. Explain things to me like you're explaining them to your mother or something, who doesn't understand). It's micro USB. I looked all over the tablet for an option to use the keyboard or something. I've looked all morning on the internet for someone maybe having the same problem. Will someone please tell me why it won't work, if it simply won't work, or how to make it work? Please and thank you.

Answers

• inuya5ha
    inuya5ha Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter

Neither your A100 nor my Iconia B1 tablets support plugging USB devices to the microUSB port.

https://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13128/kw/A100%20keyboard

This is because the USB host function is not supported by the hardware, the port is a slave port and it does not provide any voltage whatsoever.

Try with a Bluetooth keyboard, but it's not guaranteed it will work either: My bluetooth mouse didn't work because of a bug in the Android pairing process. A PIN is requested all the time, so only bluetooth devices with security PIN will work on these tablets.

This discussion has been closed.