AR5BWB222 conncetion issue and tottally unsatisfied with Acer service

Options
skewer
skewer Member Posts: 3 New User

I just got my new v5-573p laptop .Everything works ok except well known issue with AR5BWB222 wifi card. Win 8 shows the connection is very well. But if I ping the router, I find that packet drops constantly and long delay(>100ms). I tried every method suggested from the commnituy . None of them works.I swapped this wifi card with another laptop and that laptop displayed exactly same symptoms.

I contacted Acer service and asked them to give me replacment wifi card. They refuse to do so . They only allowed me to send my laptop back . What a ridiculous servcie policy. I cannot afford the time to ship it back and forth .I need to use it . I have dealt with dell lenovo and other computer manufacture. Acer has the worst service experience so far .

Answers

• baldrick88
    baldrick88 Member Posts: 15 New User
    Options

What issue is that? Is it always disconnecting? 

Try going into Device Manager -> Find the AR5BWB222 -> Right click and choose Properties -> Power Management -> Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Hopefully that will resolve your issue

• skewer
    skewer Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I tried. It did not work. I also tried to install .255 driver. not working either.

This discussion has been closed.