format micro sd card acer liquid e2 problems

maxim
maxim Member Posts: 4 New User

hello i have an acer liquid e2 smartphone running on android jelly bean 4.2.1

recently i bought a micro sd card with a capacity of 32Gbs from kingston

at first sight everything worked fine, but yesterday i wanted to transfer some files over 4Gbs.

i noticed that it is not possible for FAT based micro sd cards to to this but if you format the micro sd card to exFAT or NTFS you could bypass that transferlimit.

so today i bought an sd card reader/writer to solve the problem.

i have put my micro sd card in an sd card and then that sd card in the sd card reader/writer.

i have connect that to my computer and i reformatted my micro sd card to exFAT AND to NTFS but none of those was recognized by my phone.

so i searched more about it, and it seems that android does support NTFS...

so i'm wondering is my acer liquid e2 the problem here? and what should i do?

i hope i didn't buy this sd card reader/writer for nothing

thanks for helping

Best Answer

• maxim
    Answer ✓

sorry for the late reply

my phone was rooted so i unrooted it but there were some problems to update it even if it was correctly unrooted

so i changed my phone back to it's factory settings and updated it to 4.2.2

it was still not able to recognize NTFS by itself so i searched again and found an app that should be able to do it

the app is called 'paragon NTFS&HFS+' it wanted to download it but i needed to root my phone again to use that app

so i rooted my phone again after updating it to 4.2.2 and downloaded that app

now i am finally able to use my micro sd card in NTFS format Smiley Happy

i'm not sure if the app alone would be enough to do it, but it was clear that i needed the app or root at least

updating to 4.2.2 alone was not enough

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

is your E2 dual or single SIM?

if dual, you must first update to 4.2.2 the retry with NTFS format.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • maxim
    Answer ✓

sorry for the late reply

my phone was rooted so i unrooted it but there were some problems to update it even if it was correctly unrooted

so i changed my phone back to it's factory settings and updated it to 4.2.2

it was still not able to recognize NTFS by itself so i searched again and found an app that should be able to do it

the app is called 'paragon NTFS&HFS+' it wanted to download it but i needed to root my phone again to use that app

so i rooted my phone again after updating it to 4.2.2 and downloaded that app

now i am finally able to use my micro sd card in NTFS format Smiley Happy

i'm not sure if the app alone would be enough to do it, but it was clear that i needed the app or root at least

updating to 4.2.2 alone was not enough

This discussion has been closed.