x1320wh how to reset lamp hours to zero?

Options
Kingpin
Kingpin Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi all. Hope someone in the forums can help me.

I've replaced the lamp w/housing in my x1320wh projector. 

Projector startup is fine, but the message to say the lamp is reaching the end of its useful life keeps cropping up after 3-4 minutes max, and then all goes black.

The pdf manual shows a menu (Management) on page 31) with lamp hours, lamp reset and similar ... but though we can reach that menu (or something very like it) using the "e" button on the remote, I don't see those items on the list.

It's pretty clear that the lamp hours count has to be reset to zero to get rid of that killer message and tell the projector it has a new lamp. Even the replacement lamp packaging says so.

But how?

What am I missing here? Or doing wrong?

Help asap will be much appreciated - step by step if it's complicated. Thanks.

Robert

Answers

• Kingpin
    Kingpin Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

SOLVED!!

The manual is unclear so here's how we got to the right screen to reset the lamp timer. The key is getting to the OSD menus, whereas ours was just going to the near full-screen menus with limited management options. If pressing MENU on your remote automatically brings up the Acer onscreen display menu, with Management listed around half way down, just follow the reset lamp timer instructions only.

AFTER REPLACEMENT:

Power on the projector with HDMI ok ...

TO RESET LAMP TIMER ON OSD (Onscreen Display) menus:

On remote – press MENU

Press down arrow key to MANAGEMENT, then right arrow.

Press down arrow key to LAMP RESET, then right arrow to bring up “yes/no” screen, left arrow to select “yes”, press MENU to accept and then press MENU again to exit and save

IF PRESSING MENU > “e” > POWER MANAGEMENT (light bulb) ON REMOTE ONLY BRINGS UP LARGE SCREEN, press MENU twice to bring up the Acer main OSD menu, then follow above instructions to reset lamp timer on OSD.

Hope this helps others with the same problem.

Robert

This discussion has been closed.