Acer Aspire 5750 Powering Issue

Options
rocklau
rocklau Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello Everyone!

The issue started happening two days ago.  When I try to turn the laptop on,  the power light will go on , the fan will start blowing, the hdd will start to spin, and then all of the sudden, it will turn off.  The screen stays black throughout the whole process.  This all happens in a  span of 3-4 seconds and the laptop repeats the process four times with AC adapter attached (With only battery attached, laptop does it once).  It won't boot and reach to the BIOs, the laptop turns off before that.   I've tried several things so far.

1.removing ram sticks one by one and replacement

2.tried removing battery and only running from AC power adapter

3.switched around where I only used the battery and no AC power adapter.

4.taken battery and AC adapter off and holding down the power buttong 30+ seconds

5.replaced hdd with another compatible hdd.

Now, I'm at a loss on what to do.  Has anyone else had this type of issue? If anyone can help me, it be so awesome! Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good day

You have done everything possible....get the mainboard replaced.

Regards,

Freeza

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good day

You have done everything possible....get the mainboard replaced.

Regards,

Freeza

• nikand
    nikand Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I am having the same issue with the laptop I am working on.  I did everything you did with no results.  Did you ever solve your problem?  Did you replace the motherboard?

Thank you

Nik

• johnjr9511132
    johnjr9511132 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have exact same issue and would like to hear if anyone was able to figure out the problem. This laptop is only a few months old.

Thanks,

• kandychic
    kandychic Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    having very similar issue, anything resolved or advice? Can I save my picturs/videos and documents with no power?
  • Hankster1031
    Hankster1031 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

OK now wait a second.... While I am new to this forum, I am not new to the computing world... This is apparently an issue accross a number of platforms being sold by Acer... I have had my V3-551 for not quite even 2 years and have this very problem... I take extremely good care of my equipment... What is a resolutin that effectively doesnt just tell us to spend more money with Acer...

It is unacceptable to try and resolve an issue with a manufacturer through email and be forwarded to a forum...

ACER what resolution do YOU have for this problem...

• ajay_1988
    ajay_1988 Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Did You guys try to change the Thermal Heat Sink Paste (Between Processor & Fan)
    If not then please give it a shot. May be it might be useful for some one
This discussion has been closed.