ACER6920G BATTERY

dano6920g
dano6920g Member Posts: 3 New User

I HAVE AN OLDER COMPUTER AND REPLACED THE BATERY BUT IT IS NOT CHARGING.  DO I HAVE TO INSTAL A DRIVER OR CAN I REPLACE THE BATTERY WITHOUT DOING SO.  I HAVE CHECKED THE BATTER DRIVERS AND THEY SHOW UPGRADED OR LATEST. THE BATTERY SHOWS CHARGING BUT IT DOES NOT CHARGE AT ALL.  ANY RECOMMENDATIONS     

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi dano6920g

A few things to try:

1. Click Start and type device in the search box, then select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Batteries category.
    3. Under the Batteries category, right-click the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" listing, and select Uninstall. Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
    4. Restart your laptop - Windows will now re-install the driver, and your battery should now charge!

or

Remove the charger, and with the machine switched off, remove the battery and any attached USB items. Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds, then release. Insert the battery and connect the charger. Switch on to see if it now boots.

If the above fail, it may be possible that the replacement battery is at fault.

Hope this helps!

• dano6920g

thank you very much i will give it a try and let you know.

dan  

• dano6920g

Thanks again but it did not work.  i went to device manager and expanded the battery category.  right-click the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" listing, and select Uninstall. Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.  I right clicked this and then i restarted the laptop but it did not work

i also tried option B but that also did not work.  I will try again.  I am sending the new battery back and trying a new one.

thanks,

dan     

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

OK, Dan - let us know how you get on!

This discussion has been closed.