resetting w3-810 to factory settings

Options
janderson1108
janderson1108 Member Posts: 2 New User

Following the instructions in my owners manual, I tried to reset to factory settings. Was told info was missing, needed to use recovery disc. Following manual instructions, I am not able to open the BIOS to reset. It just goes to lock screen. How can I reset to factory settings using disc? This is just 1 of a number of issues with this unit and I want to return it.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

To open the BIOS setup starting from completely off, you hold down the volume button on the right closest to the power button then press the poser button and hold until the ACER splash appears.. This does not work ?

• janderson1108
    janderson1108 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Just tried it and it worked. I think the problem was that the manual said to push and let go of power button instead of holding until it opens. Thank you

• jamesbotkk
    jamesbotkk Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Sorry to bother you by asking this. I need a language package disc.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Language packs are typically downloaded. Do you have an internet connection during the install?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jamesbotkk
    jamesbotkk Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

No I was doing factory-resetting (restore). It started with a sysemt CD, amd two recovery discs. It says. "Please insert Language Package Disc into optical drive, and then press "ok" to continue. I do not have the language disc.

This discussion has been closed.