Loud fan and HDD on Acer Aspire V5-573G

Options
baldrick88
baldrick88 Member Posts: 15 New User

I just bought today Acer Aspire V5-573G, it's great. However, the fan under the numpad is making quite a bit of noise when under load, more than I'm used to. Also the HDD is constantly making a noise, sounds like it's always on full speed, even when I'm not really doing anything. 

Is this normal?

Answers

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

If it sounds like a jet engine then it may be abnormal, but I would be willing to be it's just fine. And the HDD spinning constantly is likely a result of Windows 8 caching system files. Again, might be more than you're used to but I highly doubt it's abnormal. You can try to change the power settings to put your HDD to sleep after a certain time, but there's no real need to.

Hope this helps, take care!
    ScottyC

• baldrick88
    baldrick88 Member Posts: 15 New User
    Options

Well it's not like a jet engine. It's quite loud though, enough to be a bother in a quiet room, music drowns it out. Occasionally it does emit some rattling noise, at least under some pretty heavy load. 

Hmmm....i've never heard of that problem with Win 8. Not had much experience with it really.

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

If you hear rattling the fan might be uneven. It's probably worth your time to call Acer and to tell them what's going on. They'll do some troubleshooting (suggest they listen over the phone) and then they can arrange to fix it for you.

Best of luck,

ScottyC

This discussion has been closed.