replacement hd and video drivers default to ms and not intel

Options
thatsoundman
thatsoundman Member Posts: 4 New User

model d255 replaced hd and now the video drivers will not load, defaults to ms.  have downloaded the intel file and it will not load. any suggestions?

Answers

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

I imagine you used a non factory copy of Windows for reinstallation? This is a typical problem in this case. Either way, here are the Intel drivers direct from Acer for your unit. DRIVER

Hope this helps,
    ScottyC

• thatsoundman
    Options

that is the file that I have.  this hd had ati on it and after working in the registry for two days finally got it all out.  however, when i run the file that you suggested there is a message says that the computer does not meet minimal requirements for this software.  it is a d255 with an atom N450 processor (1.66hz,512 cache), 1 gig memory, 160 gig hd that is mostly empty. running upgade from a notebook version of 7.1 to a full version of 7.1.  the other change was from 32 to 64 version of the software. 

any workable solution would be appreciated.

• n2gc
    n2gc Member Posts: 104 Troubleshooter
    Options

It would appear the problem is that you're trying to load a x86 driver onto a x64 OS ?

• thatsoundman
    Options

So, is there a workable solution to this issue.  The wireless drivers would not load, and the network drivers would not load either.  had to buy a third party wireless card to make that work.  So, again i ask do you know how to get the original drivers (intel) to load now that the drivers that were on the hd (ati) have been successfully removed.  if there is no answer please say so, and i will be satisfied with that.  just having the computer functional is enough for me.

• n2gc
    n2gc Member Posts: 104 Troubleshooter
    Options

If you would be so kind as to post what WIFI card you want drivers for, I''ll try to help

with that if it's an Intel card. I only use Intel's.

For example. I am using the Intel 4965AGN card in this unit I'm using now.

This is the driver I used for it. My OS is W7 Ultimate 64bit and the card

works well considering what it is. I used 14.3.1 for 64 bit. There are newer

drivers listed all the way up to version 16, but mine runs just fine with

version 14.3.1

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm

This discussion has been closed.