Hello all, new to acer i have some questions please.

Options
peter1212
peter1212 Member Posts: 26 New User

hello all, first i wnat to say how bad is the volume sound of this laptop, it is hard to beleive.

second i tried very hard to change the windows language from spanish to english and i can't do it , i am looking for help, someone who could guide me step by step as i read acer and windows pages and did many trials without sucess.

i am disturbed with the left bottom button to look for each time and by example if i am reading a page and need to clcik bottom left icon then i am totally out and lost all infos, it has been like this since the begining where instead of helping me ,it is making me losta  crazy time....  when i wnat see an image i am forwarded to the acer stuff and i want use wondows image viewer all the time , how can i set this please.

Answers

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

There isn't anyone here who can help you based on the information you provided. Unfortunately "this laptop" isn't specific enough to tell me anything other than the fact that you have a laptop. There's a lot that can be done for sound, and there are plenty of ways to change the language, assuming we know what the operating system is.

That said, what is the model of your laptop, what OS are you using.

This line here:

"i am disturbed with the left bottom button to look for each time and by example if i am reading a page and need to clcik bottom left icon then i am totally out and lost all infos, it has been like this since the begining where instead of helping me ,it is making me losta  crazy time....  "

Tells us nothing at all. Are you talking about the interet?

"when i wnat see an image i am forwarded to the acer stuff and i want use wondows image viewer all the time , how can i set this please. "

I can at least help you with this. Right click on a picture and click open with, then choose the program you want to use.

• peter1212
    Options

its windows 8.1

its  i7 acer i don't know where to find the model.

i knew how to open an image like this but then i need to do it each time.

• peter1212
    Options

it's a e1 571.

i tried changing windows languages maybe 50 times, in vain....

my keyboards is a qwerty spanish. and i wnat wiondows in english.

thank you

• ScottyC
    Options

If you're just trying to change the input language you should be able to open the charms bar (WIN + C), then go to properties and then click the button all the way on the bottom (change pc settings, something like that). Then look for general. Under general look for language and click language options. It will take you to a screen where you can add a language. I would suggest you add US English and once it's installed delete the Spanish language pack. If you're looking to change the entire system language message back and I'll try to help you out.

• peter1212
    Options

i did this 5o times when i delete the spanich then the keyboard act real bad and i cant find the same typings

• peter1212
    Options

yes i try to change the entire system message, by example the "inicio" where the icons appears is still in spanish.

• ScottyC
    Options

Perfect, so you have a home copy of Windows 8 which is why it's not letting you change it. You'll need to fully reinstall Windows and choose English as a default language. To do this, open the charms bar, click properties and then change pc properties. Once there, go to general and then look for something along the lines of Wipe drive and reinstall Windows or delete files and reinstall Windows, or even reset Windows (I don't have a Windows 8 unit near me now or I'd give you more direct instructions). You'll need to start the process and once the system restarts you'll be able to reinstall in English.

Don't forget to backup any important files ahead of time as they will be erased during the process if you don't.

Good luck!

PS: Just found the steps in Spanish on the Microsoft Website HERE

• peter1212
    Options

I just did what you said, and then i only had 4 options to choose for languages and all were spanish, then I was asked waht was my preferered language and i selected english but all windows still in spanish, now i just need to redownlaod all i lost.

i do not find a solution.

• peter1212
    Options

Thank you i finally done it correctly.

now about the volume sounds of the laptiop , what can be done without adding anything/connecting....?

• peter1212
    Options

my usb flash memory not recognized anymore.

if i go to removable disc e, and i clcik " check" under tools, i got an error message" the disc check could not be performed because windows can't access the disc."

when i go to properties of e disc removable, i can see the sony flash memory stick and it says all is fine. but i just can't open it anymore.

• ScottyC
    Options

Disk partition is corrupt. You'll need to format it, let's hope you can get it done through the Windows Explorer.

Plug in your drive, go to computer and where you would normally double click the drive icon to open the drive and list it's contents just right click and select "Format". A window will open and ask you to choose options. You can ignore all of this and just click the format button on the bottom. When it's done you'll be able to access the disk. If not, message back. I'll have to show you the advanced way of correcting a dead partition.

• peter1212
    Options

thank you i could retreive some infos with a  program i bought.

anything that can be done to the volume sounds of this laptop?

This discussion has been closed.