hi

Options
darlonana
darlonana Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello to every one I am new to PC's not sure about anything  but could some one help with .y problem please aspire 5920G-302G power light comes on but just a blank screen  thank you in advance and I hope to learn more stuff so I can be an active part of your community

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi darlonana!

Just to confirm, when you say a blank screen, does the screen "light up" or does it look blank as if it was switched off?

Do you see the Acer logo, then it goes black? Is there any activity on the hard drive light? Does the fan come on, and if it does,  does it sound normal, or is it on constantly?

You could try a "reset":

Remove the charger, and with the machine switched off, remove the battery and any attached USB items. Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds, then release. Insert the battery and connect the charger. Switch on to see if it now boots.

If the reset doesn't work, post back with some more information, and I'll see if I can help further!

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Finlux is right, the only thing you can do with this unit (a particularly old one) would be to try a power drain. If it doesn't work you're likely looking at a mainboard issue which would require repair. I can honestly say that in that case it would likely be in your best interest to look at replacing the unit as the cost of repairing it would be more than the unit itself is worth (unless you know someone who could do the replacement for you). Hopefully to the power drain works for you.

Good luck,
    ScottyC

This discussion has been closed.