AO 722 Video quality poor

Options
F3aritself
F3aritself Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Acer Aspire One 722 with a 6290 ATI video card and upgraded the ram to 4 gb. One of the reasons i bought this netbook was to have a small machine that could play hd video smoothly, which is advertised of this model with the good video card. However, whenever i play video above 360p the video chops something terrible. I have the right ati drivers installed and have looked at many forums and googled about everything. I was wondering if this is just a poor laptop that is not able to play high quality video or if something is wrong with it. Everywhere i look people praise the video playback of this thing though. 

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options
    The Aspire 722 IS capable of high quality video playback. Have you checked your internet connection?

If it is Youtube, test out another video site. Ideally, take your netbook to a family/friends home and try it there.

It will also be worth downloading a HD video and playing it from your hard drive. If it plays OK, then it is likely your internet connection.
  • F3aritself
    F3aritself Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I know it is not the internet. I have tried playing hd videoss downloaded onto my computer so I know it is not this.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options
    Then you may have an hardware issue. Contact Acer support for your region.
This discussion has been closed.