Blue screen at restart

HiTech_Support
HiTech_Support Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi,

The tablet goes into blue screen before log on. Restarting the tablet and loading setup defaults from bios does not restore the tablet. Tablet was left in sleep mode over the weekend and is running win 8.0. How to access system restore?

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

If the same W510 as in your other post, you should have received three recovery disks with it. Hookup an external DVD player but be aware only the disk marked "System" is bootable.

• HiTech_Support

Thank you. It is a different tablet. We have 60 in the field currently. No disks are supplied only a Microsoft product Identifier and an Iconia quick guide.

AC

• HiTech_Support

I have the tablet back from the User the display is as follows;

Recovery

Your PC needs to be repaired

The Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information.

File: \BCD

Error code: 0xc0000034

etc.

Your help would be much appreciated

AC

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

You can boot from the Startup Repair disc and have it attempt to repair the BCD. You'll need a powered USB hub and a USB DVD drive, along with a Startup Repair disc. You can make the latter on any W8 machine. If you can't do the powered hub thing, do some Googling and put the startup repair on a thumb drive.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

With that many I'd go to http://store.acer.com, select the eRecovery tab, and order a set of recovery disks. Last time I did it was U$20.00

• HiTech_Support

Acer replaced the tablet. The motherboard had died.

Cheers for your help.

AC

This discussion has been closed.