Aspire V3-771g BIOS temperature setting non-existent

Options
stevenkom
stevenkom Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello everyone,

I now experience the problem that it is really annoying: When the CPU temperature reaches about 80 degree celsius, the CPU lowers its multiplier automatically to 12x (the lowest) and raise it back when the temperature falls to 70 degree. I dont have any software that controls the temperature satefy and I cant find any setting related to that in my BIOS (v1.12). How could I solve this? Does windows control the temperature satefy issue? (i m using windows 7)

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

hi..

You may check if the internal fans are running.

This could be an issue with internal hardware.

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

• stevenkom
    stevenkom Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

The fan in working, otherwise I wont be able to use it, this laptop is a real heater. But its not that the laptop is overheating, the problem I have is the fact that my CPU lower its multiplier once it reaches 80 degrees, which i cant say that its very very high for a laptop (my friend have the same laptop and he had been playing on it when his CPU reaches 90 degrees). And this happened recently, so I guess windows is the problem here.

This discussion has been closed.