Shattered touch screen

Options
Darrenmorgan
Darrenmorgan Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi everyone and I need some help. I closed the lid on my aver V5-572p and the touch screen shattered where the pivot is on the bottom right side and cracked the rest of the screen up to the top. The laptop has not been dropped or miss used in any way and is less than two months old.

I have not contacted Acer yet I just want to know before hand if this is a manufacturing fault before I ring them.

Thank you in advance for any help

Answers

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

I hate to break it to you but if it is a manufacturing issue it would be 1 in a million. There are no parts in screens that wear out over time. LCD panels dim over use but in terms of a screen breaking there absolutely has to be force applied or an impact of some sort. It may not be your fault but the warranty is very clear, regardless of how the damage occured, who did it or what the circumstances, unless it happened while it was in Acer's care there simply is no way that Acer will cover this under warranty. If you're in North America the repair on this is going to be their standard out of warranty fee of $249.99 USD.

Sorry for the bad news

Take care,

ScottyC

This discussion has been closed.