Backup and restore for W700 tablet

Options
Thabo
Thabo Member Posts: 4 New User

Since purchasing my W700 tablet I have not been able to find software to backup and restore my computer.  Note that this is not the same as restoring my computer to its factory settings, nor is it system restore.

I have tried using two commercially available software packages, and whilst they create a backup image, I have been unable to restore them.  It appears that I cannot name the packages from this page.  

One package deleted my primary partition causing me to use the acer recovery dvds.  The other wont allow me to interact with the tablet after the restore application loads.

If anyone has been able to backup and restore their system on a W700 I would love to learn how you have done it

Alan

[edited for privacy]

Answers

• Travis-Acer
    Travis-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 681 Acer Crew
    Options

You should still be able to create a Windows 7 style full system backup by going to Control Panel -> All Control Panel -> Items -> Windows 7 File Recovery.

• Thabo
    Thabo Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Thanks Travis.

Possibly I could create the Win 7 File Recovery backup, though I have not tried to.  The commercial backup / recovery programs offer much more flexibility than the Win 7 program.  Thus the reason for the question.  

Given that Acer seem to have tied down the recovery options on the tablet, do you know win 7 will work or is this only an assumption

regards

Alan Hughston

This discussion has been closed.