BIOS update for Acer Aspire 6920

Options
thevanu
thevanu Member Posts: 2 New User

I am using Acer Aspire 6920 for few years and my battery needed replacement so i purchased a new one but while i brought that it was some % already charged but after that it displays charging but never gets charged.

When i look for the problem in the internet i found some suggestion to update the BIOS so i downloaded the Updated BIOS ver 1.16 but it is working, it displays an error message code  1275. Even i am logged in with administrator still the problem remains same.

i am running windows 7 64 bit and my current bios version is 1.04. 

Answers

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Would suggest rather than updating bios to fix this issue to first try doing a driver reset on your battery. Load up the device manager (win+R devmgmt.msc) and look for battery. Under the drop down right click on everything (AHCI compliant device, battery etc) and uninstall all of it. Once it's done restart the computer and I would be surprised if it doesn't start charging. Fact of the matter is that if your battery was ever charging, the bios would have needed to have changed in order to cause this issue. It's not suddenly going to decide to not charge the battery (has very little to do with charging in all reality). It's either the driver issue, the power board is fautly or the battery you just ordered isn't compatible.

Good luck and hope all goes well.

Take care,
    ScottyC

• thevanu
    thevanu Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

i Purchased that battery at that time it was charged 75% and worked till that battery remain ok and later when i used old battery it was recharging nicely but it wont last for more than 5 minustes so charging unit seems ok. the battery displays 0% charging but never gets charged Smiley Sad

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

If you're dead set on doing a bios update I would suggest doing it out of Windows. It would eliminate the possiblity of esaclation issues (admin rights) and the possibility of Windows corruptions causing upgrade issues.

This discussion has been closed.