Liquid S1 charging/battery problems

finkel
finkel Member Posts: 10 New User

Got an S1 duo in my hands November 18th, worked perfectly but after 5 days it did not charge anymore. Assuming a faulty battery but cannot be sure since local support refuses to have anything to do with it. When connected to charger the icon indicates that charging is in progress but when trying to start the phone after a couple of hours, charger plugged in, it buzzes a couple of times and the it shows the empty battery icon. Charger has no increase in temperature, further indicating that battery does not charge. Different charger tried, from E2 duo.

Since I do not expect for a second that any warranty undertaking would be honored, basis support approach, my simple question to the community is: where on earth do I find a spare battery?

Been browsing the web but do not find anything.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Did you take off the battery for about 1 minute from the S1 and then retry to charge without power on the device for about 1 hour?

You can also check the battery charge with a battery tester or a multimeter, just to be sure the battery is really discharged.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • finkel

Thanks IronFly. Battery is multimeter checked and charged. Was of course hoping it should not be. Now there is seemingly a bigger problem since phone dont start. Any more good ideas? Would be appreciated.

• IronFly

did you try to boot on recovery?

Press power on + Volume down, after the first vibration press also Volume up (so it must be Power on + Volume down + Volume up), wait another vibration then leave every button.

if S1 can boot on recovery you can try to wipe data/factory reset and reboot to see it comes alive, if it can't even boot on recovery....you must contact Acer customer service, maybe a faulty device. 

• finkel

Sorry IronFly. That trick didn't work out. As for Acer customer support, locals does not not provide support for cell/smartphones although so stated on the web. Device purchased on the web, seller of course not taking any responsibility, nor should they have to. Seems like dead end.

• IronFly
    Which country you live?
  • finkel

Finland.

• IronFly

one last thing, did you checked if the 3 pins on the battery bay, touch correctly the battery?

Finland is near Russia, maybe you can ask to Acer Russia if they can do something.

• finkel

From what I can see, distances are OK so bay is tuching. The phone has been working so that problem should have been there earlier.

Russia is not an option, outside EU, paperwork involved would be overwhelming. Tried with Acer Sweden some 10 days ago, they didn't even have the common decency to reply at at all.

• IronFly

Try acer germany

• finkel

Thanks, but no thanks. Been a pleasure talking to you but this story ends here. What I will try however is another brand. Obviously money down the drain on this one but a lesson learnt. Quoting from Acer Group web-site: “Serve with honor and work with pride.”

Have not noticed any of that but maybe small markets are excluded. Better stay away from these products in the future.

Thanks & all the best.

• IronFly
    Acer Finland, in my opinion, must repair your device since Acer EU warranty is valid on every EU country.
    At least is what Acer Italy told about smartphones ont imported in italy.
  • IronFly
    Can you give a last chance?
    Have you tried to connect the S1 to the PC, with and without the battery?

Can the PC recognise the S1?
  • finkel

My opinion too but it should be up to Acer to ensure that their support stations are instructed on what to do, all the way through. Poor performance.

• finkel

Thanks but didn't work. I get more sparks out of a piece of wood.

• IronFly

No more ideas, sorry.

Must be a faulty USB connector or motherboard. 

• finkel
    Thanks for trying.
This discussion has been closed.