Ubuntu overwritten my whole Drive

Options
vaizaren
vaizaren Member Posts: 44 Die Hard WiFi Icon

I have the windows 8 pre-installed in my acer aspire v5 471G

i upgraded it to windows 8.1 ..

after the upgrade, i partitioned my drive into 3, C: which is the OS, E: for Backups, and F: for storage...

I deleted the partition D:, to save space for the ubuntu

but when i installed the ubuntu 13.10, it has overwritten the whole drive

now, i got nothing left, even my hidden partition for recovering was overwritten..

the drive now has only one partition..

by the way, i wasnt able to burn the recovery disk

how can i restore my files and os completely?

or if i cant, where can i download a copy of the preinstalled OS that was installed in my laptop.

i tried to check underneath my laptop if there is some Certificate of Authenticity BUT there wasnt any attached..

i just bought this a month ago... but the attendant from the Acer store said that they are not responsible for any software problems that will ocur.

Answers

• vaizaren
    vaizaren Member Posts: 44 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

tried erecovery,...

http://store.acer.com/DRHM/store

but No RCD available for the entered Serial Number.

• Alan-London
    Options

As you formatted your HDD, your recovery partition has gone. Understandably, Acer cannot be held responsible, or provide support, for user changes to their HDD. They will, I believe, provide assistance for problems associated with the original configuration/hardware.
    Consequently, you will need to contact Acer and purchase a recovery disk.
    There is no longer a need for a COA label as the key is now embedded on your laptop and will automatically be applied to Acer's installation image. (This is a security measure implemented by Microsoft.)

This discussion has been closed.