Hi, some help please with acer aspire XC600

Options
jezzode
jezzode Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi people, 

Hope this is a quick fix. I have two option with my Acer Aspire XC600, either HDMI or VGA. VGA works fine and just about shows on my new monitor. HDMI does not work and monitor displays "please check connection" after cutting out after booting up. Funny thing is that when booting up the HDMI output works and displays the loading page, but then drops out completely after this. 

HDMI output was working fine prior to this for the first week of purchase, and now this happens. HDMI cable has been replaced, and this still happens...

Any ideas?

Thanks 

Answers

• jezzode
    Options

I think it may have someting to do with a possible update, as when i last shut down an update was run. This was the last time HDMI output worked. 

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi jezzode

Try System Restore. Go back to a date, before the update & when it was working last.

If the HDMI output is fine, then it may be possible that an update went wrong & caused the problem.

• jezzode
    Options

Still no difference. It really seems like a gamble as to when the HDMI output works, sometimes it does and other times it does not, and for no apparent reason. Now the warrenty is void as I had a look inside the machine after the issue occured to check for broken connections near the HDMI output port. 

What a waste of money, a shame as I have always used Acer. 

• finlux
    Options

Don't give up hope just yet!

Backup & perform a full system recovery. This may yet solve your problem, if it doesn't, then you will have an hardware issue.

It may be worth taking it to your local PC store for them to check out any possible problems.

• jezzode
    Options

I'll give it a try, providing I can actually access the PC via the HDMI output. Could be challenging if I have no visual display, ha!

• finlux
    Options
    Yeah. I can see that would cause a problem!!

Let us know how you get on.
This discussion has been closed.